I believe that the Bible gives strength to the weak and heals those who are sick. These verses can be used for inspiration and encouragement. If you memorize them or copy them onto individual cards to carry with you it will help with you spiritual walk with the Lord and your weight-loss journey.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (This is one of my favorites)
- Matthew 4:4 – But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’” (NASB- This is how Jesus answered temptation!)
James 1:5 – But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- Psalm 18:1 –I love You, O Lord, my strength. (Great one for strength for today!)
- Ecclesiastes 10:10 – If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength. Wisdom has the advantage of giving success.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – You are tempted in the same way that everyone else is tempted. But God can be trusted not to let you be tempted too much, and he will show you how to escape from your temptations. (Contemporary English Version – Verse of the Day on BibleGateway.com that ministered to me in a moment of weakness)
- Romans 8:37 – In everything we have won more than a victory because of Christ who loves us. (Contemporary English Version – The Holy Spirit laid this one on me this morning!)
- 1 Corinthians 10:12 – Even if you think you can stand up to temptation, be careful not to fall. (Contemporary English Version – have you ever been to the drive thru and thought you were going to order something good for you and you ended up with a super-sized grease bomb?)
- Ephesians 6:10 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
- Philippians 4:6-7 – Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. (The Message)
- Philippians 4:8 -Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (I can’t stress how important it is to have your mind in a good place. If you don’t, you will be tempted to eat and cheat!)
Psalm 73:25-26 -In heaven I have only you, and on this earth you are all I want.My body and mind may fail, but you are my strength and my choice forever. (Contemporary English Version -CEV)
More to come…